Sunday, November 1, 2015

Week 12 and 12 Thoughts During a Social Media Project

As I near the end of my twelve week digital advertising project, I reflect back on all the lessons I’ve learned throughout the process. Like any project, and really any challenging task in life, I’ve come away knowing a little bit more about myself, my strengths and things to avoid to make future challenges easier.

So I’ve decided to share some of those experiences, all of the wins and losses, highs and lows and thoughts throughout the process of the past few months in the only way we millennials know how: through gifs and lists. Here goes:

1. When you push off blogging because you think “it’s the beginning of the semester, I’ve got time.”


2. Then you realize the semester is half over and you’ve only blogged twice.


3. And when your brain is literally out of thoughts because you cranked out 4 blogs in one week.


4. Trying to bid on Google Adwords keywords on a college budget.


5. When you see the success of your Adwords campaign.


6. But then realize you now to give up some of your “extracurricular budget” to pay for it.


7. When you’re forced to get a Twitter account even though you despise it as a form of communication.


8. But then you get your first retweet, favorite or follower. 


9. And you become Twitter obsessed and can’t function without checking your notifications and news feed hourly.


10. Trying to find a semi-professional picture to use for your LinkedIn profile but your last professional picture was senior year of high school.


11. Scrambling at the end of twelve weeks to tie up all the loose ends and write your presentation.


12. Getting your grade back and celebrating (this one hasn’t actually happened yet but fingers crossed).


Thank you to everyone who has followed my throughout the process on here, Twitter and Facebook. My hopefully awesome grade couldn’t have been possible without your support, clicks, and favorites. Peace and Blessings until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment